ADVERTISEMENT

For those who like to remind everyone that Mike V. still "represents" MSU

msupolo925

All-Daugherty
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Rockford, Michigan
I say it's time to move on. For anyone who isn't listening today, he's discussing that stupid ESPN fan happiness article, and in his discussion of the MSU ranking, has said that he is well beyond "distraught" because he has given up on this regime and the program under MD.

It's over the top how much he has turned on MSU, to the point that I am about there with wanting him to get the WFAN job in NYC. In just the last few weeks, I have gone from being a big fan to only listening because I can't stomach local sports talk (The Huge Show) and I have exhausted all of my podcasts for today. He's not just trying to generate discussion and be controversial (which we all know he is an expert at) - it's pretty clear this is how he really feels, and he is more than happy to go on and on and on about it.

Overall, Mike has become more of a miserable a-hole than ever before and pretty much has nothing good to say about Detroit sports, let alone MSU, instead preferring to talk about social issues and national sports issues. It's a slow time of the year, granted (especially with the Tigers being so bad), but it's like he's quit and is just continuing a prolonged audition for WFAN.

I know that Comp and others have continued to defend him and say that it's his job to stir the pot to generate ratings, that he doesn't personally feel the way he acts on-air about MSU, that's he's still the best we have in metro Detroit, etc. etc. But I truly think that it's a different time now and he's a different person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News