ADVERTISEMENT

OTHER SCHOOLS: From Michigan Borad

MSUhatesUM

Freshman
Feb 9, 2020
From the Mod on the Michigan Rivals site

So here’s kind of the broad summation of the events that happened with Mazi Smith. The legal system is still working itself out so I don’t want to dive too deep into things but this is what we’ve heard from multiple sources.

- The gun was purchased by Mazi Smith legally
- Smith went through all the necessary steps that go into the purchasing process including fingerprinting and applying for the license itself
- Smith completed all the necessary training in order to get the license
- The sticking point, his application/license was approved days after the arrest so the way he was transporting the gun was considered a “concealed weapon.”

As for the program

- Those inside Schembechler expect the charges to be dropped
- I posted this in the other thread but Harbaugh addressed the team when it happened, told them that Mazi had made a mistake and to make better choices. Make sure your Ts are crossed and Is dotted.
- The expected dropped charges (as this thing goes through the legal process) explains any lack of suspension by Michigan to respect his privacy.
- As for Saturday, I can’t speak with any certainties just yet but, opinion here, I find it hard to believe they’ll suspend him just because the news is out there.

Interesting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News