ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL From Oregon State to Michigan State: Tanner Miller and Jack Velling reflect

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Quarterback Aidan Chiles wasn't the only Oregon State transfer player who decided to follow head coach Jonathan Smith and company to Michigan State. Fellow former Beavers Tanner Miller (center/interior offensive lineman) and Jack Velling (tight end) also enrolled at MSU this past January and now call East Lansing home.

Following spring practice on Tuesday, Miller and Velling had a chance to detail their transfer portal decisions and experiences at Michigan State thus far.

"It's kind of a no-brainer because I know the culture, I know the system ... We're gonna hit the ground running," Miller said. "These guys took a chance on me when no one else did. So, I believe in these guys, (wholeheartedly)."

"I think he's a winner," Velling said about Smith. "He's a program-changer. He knows what it takes to win. He's a great guy — the more I get to know him, the better he gets. He cares about his players, his staff. Me and him created a great bond at Oregon State, and I wanted to continue it."

A lot more from Velling and Miller on their journeys here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News