ADVERTISEMENT

From the couch in NE Michigan

Les22

All-George Webster
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
Hubbard Lake MI/Brownsville TX
Well the old guy stayed up 'til the bitter end.

My first comment is...WOW, Alabama is really good. They move really good on offense. Their defense is pretty suffocating. Hauser hardly got an open shot all night. We knew they were supposed to be a good rebounding team.....they are. Then add to it that they have some shooters and Miller is really good.

I'll be interested to see what the experts like Jim, Paul, Secorsig et. al. have to say.....but I did not think we played that badly. I know CTI was really pissed at halftime but I thought it was over the poor last second D than other stuff.

Semi-bright spots: I thought Holloman played pretty well. I thought Kohler was better. He will eventually be a load in the post....hope its against Dickenson. Of course the experience for Holloman and Kohler and Brooks will help in the future. But it was Brooks chance to really step up and I didn't see much improvement. The way he can shoot, he has to pick up the pace.

Did we miss Hall and Akins.....for sure, but I'm not sure they would have been enough. Did I mention I thought Alabama is a great team. I will remember them when I fill out my brackets.

Big bright spot: Tyson Walker. He really held MSU in the game. No hesitations, made shots and was a real leader. GO GREEN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News