ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh hiring pals and staff recruiting

schreibr

All-Van Pelt
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
West Bloomfield, Michigan
I am writing this thread in response to my slow-burning anger with Jim Harbaugh. Paying one of his assistants $106k and getting her son to transfer is bad enough. Hiring his own son is bad enough.

Is it safe to say that most of the coaches on this UM staff have ample professional experience coaching, but perhaps lack in two areas: player development and recruiting/evaluation?

I'm writing this thread because I think/hope I'm correct in my theory. That we will continue to see UM rot from the inside due to lack of teaching skills and thinking to the players. Whether it is a 17 year old kid or a wily fifth year senior, they need to watch film and learn how to use their tools for requisite skills and in-game decision making.

Since most, if not all staff members come from professional backgrounds I am curious to see how recruiting goes. This is not the NFL. We don't get to draft high school students. We must recruit them. I have seen little or no relationship building that we at MSU excel at. When Harbaugh goes to these camps around the country he is not visiting high school coaches and getting to know them. He is trying to scoop up kids that he sees that might go to UM.

I apologize if this is a UM-sounding thread. But I just find so much of what goes on there laughable. I wanted to know if others see it as well.

Reactions: loopman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News