ADVERTISEMENT

How far does the cover up go?

b green

All-Hannah
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2003
too far from MSU and in SE MI
HOW many coaches, health workers at the University of Michigan KNEW what was happening and stayed quiet? IF they were under oath, how many would admit to knowing and staying quiet?

HOW many sports writers who covered U.M. football stayed quiet?

HOW many cameramen/women saw things and presented a less harming picture to the viewers?

This question really hit me when I had heard last night that the group of 40 athletes were going to appear in front of the U.M. stadium.

Were there any sportswriters there at 10 a.m.? How many out of how many cover sports in MI?

WHO moved MOST of this group into the street? WHO moved MOST of this group behind the fence? WHO only permitted a few speakers and their lawyer to stand by the microphone? WHO positioned the camera so the sign about the REGENTS was rolled over and NOT shown on the pedestal? WHO made sure the FOOTBALL STADIUM was NOT behind these victims in the picture?

IS there EVER a FINE for helping a SPORTS TEAM avoid embarrassment? IS there ever a LEGAL CASE for MEDIA covering up?

This SPARTAN is sick of the blue and gold, kid gloves used by the media with their University of MYTH.

I recall cameras in the MSU Trustee Meetings. I remember a victim being interviewed with the set up about a situation. Then Engler was asked a question to set him up to look like a bumbler or at least a nasty, tricky man with this sweet little girl and her Mom. NO mention of the FACT that this girl ASKED for the meeting. I remember cameras following our President, LAKS, when she needed to come on STAGE to share her sadness with the MSU students at the TELEVISED SHOW BETWEEN the victims and Nassar. How many hours was this? 20 hours or two days. Wish I had listed how many BUILDINGS of PROMINENCE were shown. Wish I'd kept a list of how many extra, slightly involved people were hurt by Nassar.

Personally, I hope to see this covered EVERYWHERE. The lawyer/victim VanHollander appeared on two NATIONAL shows to share ONLY her opinion TWICE that I saw. There was NO one to express the MSU side of this problem. It was not Sports Shows; it was a national NEWS SHOW.

I want to SEE the GLORY MYTH ruined everywhere throughout recruiting and into football season. IF the sportscasters go up to campus and interview the victims one weekend and their donors the next they may be able to drag this out until next year. That is what Don Shane of Channel 7 did when our President DiBiaggio and Coach Perles were at odds over Perles hoping to be AD and Coach at the same time. BO was allowed to do that at MYTH with apparently no upset. BUT, the Detroit Media had to STIR it up as big as possible. When the students were rioting, Channel 7 had their camera truck waiting in Cedar Village on Friday night.

The MEDIA of DETROIT and BSPm is the off campus Department of Public Relations and Marketing of the University of Michigan. From now, Paula, Don Shane back to the days of Joe FALLS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News