ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting game....

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
Several Big Ten Non Con games are very intriguing to me....

MSU vs Oregon for the obvious, but how about these 3

Pitt at Iowa week 3. Keep in mind Pitt returns starting QB, WR Tyler Boyd and RB James Connor. If Narduzzi tightens up D, I think Panthers could win 8 games. Last year Iowa beat Pitt 24-20 despite getting out-played. Boyd had 150+ receiving yard and Connor rushed for 150+. BTW, Ferentz needs every win he can get this year

UM vs BYU week 4. BYU has a crazy first 4 games....At Nebraska, Boise State, at UCLA, at Michigan. UM is probably the easiest game of the 4 and could be a must win for the Cougars. I think Taysom Hill is the most exciting player in college football. If he is healthy, this UM could have work cut out. Plus if UM loses at Utah, this could be 2nd non-con loss and set UM up for a likely 7-5 season. That is why they are at 7.5 over/under. BTW, I got a kick out of researching the UM over/under and saw how most UM fans and media thought 8.5 would be the #.

Nebraska at Miami week 3. This game is huge because Nebraska also has BYU on the slate. Al Golden is on the HOT seat and losing this game at home could push him 1 step closer to the unemplyment line. Abdullah and Johnson are gone so both teams are in somewhat of a transition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News