ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL Is this the most disappointing team?

ejsiller

All-Steve Smith
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2005
This is the most disappointing team in regular season play in many years for me. The preseason expectations were so high given the talent we had coming back as well as one of the top recruiting classes in a long time. Even Izzo who is not given to hyperbole was expecting big things. But the reality is that it is not a good team, and Izzo usually gets his teams performing at a high level in February.
The biggest disappointment is the generally poor play and lack of improvement from Cooper and Sissoko. In the last two games, they have combined in 78 minutes to score 12 points and grab 19 rebounds. Our opponent's strategy is to ignore our centers because neither is an offensive threat and double up on Malik and /or Walker. It is playing 5 on 4. Hall didn't do much because he was double teamed. Add our inability to make free throws and thus a very disappointing loss.
What I can't understand is the lack of playing time for Booker, Carr and Kohler. Last night they combined for 12 minutes and 3 points. In the MD game, they combined for 10 minutes and 4 points. Yes, they might not play the best defense, but we need offense and they might provide a spark. Give them some leash and watch them grow.
My opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News