ADVERTISEMENT

It's a Three Game Season Now

Redpachyderm

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2011
I really thought we could go into the Ohio State game undefeated and game day would be there.

I felt horrible after that loss because under Dantonio we have usually won the games we are supposed to win so this feeling is unusual.

It was always going to come down to the Ohio State game to define what kind of season we are going to have. I know Ohio State is good but I believe we can win that game. Probably less than 40% but after the tough luck we just experienced maybe we are due some good fortune. If we can't beat Northwestern and Indiana to setup that showdown, then we aren't the team I thought we were anyway.

So I chose to rationalize that loss away. If we lose to Ohio State, we aren't going to win the Big Ten anyway and to me that's what matters most. As Jim pointed out earlier, it really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of 'who gives a shit bowls if I'm good and a junior I'm skipping anyway' things. It all comes down to that Ohio State game. We can reevaluate the goals for the team after that game.

Reactions: KZspartan65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News