ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Lions vs. BILLS Thanksgiving

Floyd170

All-Mason
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
Okay Lions fans, Bills fan here to discuss this game, never thought this would be a toss up type game but that's what I see. Bills have struggled recently, a lot of that due to injury.

Micah Hyde is out for the year with a neck injury which is a huge loss. His replacement Damir Hamlin has been decent but will never be Micah Hyde.

DBa have had all sorts of injuries, most importantly Trae White who tore his ACL last year and has yet to play. I expect he doesn't play as the artificial turf seems to be a factor. It seems he's having a tough time mentally getting back.

That's two All Pros that have been out basically since week 1. Even still, the Bills D has been very good.

Matt Milano at LB has been a beast (@Matt Dorsey this is your guy, correct?). The D takes a noticeable step down when he's out and he is often hurt for a few weeks. Seems he is healthy this week though. The other starter Tremaine Edmunds was out this week and is pretty good too but his backup played okay today. Edmunds is much better in coverage though.

DL - Vonn Miller headlines a very good DL. Greg Rosseau the other starter at DE was hurt this week. Young but physically imposing and improving every week. Hope he can go. Pretty good D tackles. Run defense has been excellent outside of a few busts for long runs.

On offense the Bills got the ground game going for the first time this year outside Allen. Speaking of Allen, rough few weeks, but that's been his MO early in his career. He had the injury against the Jets, and a bunch of picks lately. That being said, I'm not worried. He. An still do things almost anyone on the planet can't. As a fan he is one of the most fun players I've ever seen. Playing against him I think would be extremely frustrating.

The Bills three losses have been by 8 total points and A LOT of things had to go wrong for them to happen. Yes, some were self inflicted so they can't be discounted but enough were not. This is a very good team with a ton of inquiries. They usually start to jell around this time of year and are getting healthier.

Detroit gets a little Thanksgiving day lift but not enough.

Bills - 45
Lions - 38

Would love to head Lions fans thoughts on the game. Haven't watched much Lions this year but as an MSU fan you get a good idea of the team. I see a strong offense with a porus defense. I think Okudah got hurt today? Hutchinson has been under the microscope and after maybe a slow start has had a very solid year.

Any other notable injuries?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News