ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Michigan State 2024 commits build strong bond at "Spartan Dawg Con," Part I

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State had nine of its 12 current class of 2024 commits back on campus this past weekend for "Spartan Dawg Con."

The event brings together former players, 2024 commits, future recruiting targets, current players and current/former coaches to connect with each other and build relationships.

In part one of this two-part feature, offensive line commit Andrew Dennis, quarterback Henry Hasselbeck and defensive back Syair Torrence detail their experiences at "Spartan Dawg Con" and discuss what makes Michigan State special, in their opinions.

"One of the things that really stood out to me was just how tight knit they still are – 10, 20, 30 years after they've played," Dennis about the former players who returned to campus. So, that really instills that family aspect that they talk about and they hit on a lot, and that just reaffirms it."

"My favorite part of the trip was just really getting to know the other commits in my class by far," Hasselbeck said. "Our relationships are awesome, it’s a really cool feeling to know you’ll be surrounded by solid friends and great teammates."

"What stands out the most about Michigan state program is whatever decision you make they will fully support you and will never change how they acted in the beginning," Torrence said.

Much more here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News