ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL Michigan State and Tennessee Volunteers to play exhibition basketball game October 29 with proceeds to go to Lahaina relief fund

verbose dutch

All-Lorenzo White
Staff
Oct 22, 2020

Michigan State and Tennessee will play a charity exhibition game on Sunday, October 29, at the Breslin Center to benefit Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts.

All proceeds from the game will be donated to the Hawai’i Community Foundation Maui Strong Fund, providing financial resources to the relief efforts from the devastating Maui wildfires.

“The Maui Invitational and the city of Lahaina have always held a special place in my heart,” Michigan State Head Coach Tom Izzo said. “The images we’ve all seen and the stories we’ve heard following the wildfires have touched so many of us in the college basketball world and I know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have been affected.”

MSU has played in the Maui Classic on several occasions and was the site of Tom Izzo’s head coaching debut for the Spartans in 1995, beating Chaminade, 69-66.

Further details, including ticket information, game time and broadcast information, will be announced at a later date.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.