ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL Michigan State men's basketball signs three 2024 prospects

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
All three of Michigan State men's basketball's class of 2024 commits — four-star point guard/combo guard Jase Richardson, four-star shooting guard Kur Teng and three-star power forward Jesse McCulloch — officially signed with the program on Wednesday during the early signing period.

Izzo on Richardson: "He can pass it, he can shoot it, he can defend it and he can rebound it. He's a very aggressive rebounder. As he gets stronger — and maybe that would be the only thing right now — as he gets stronger like his dad went through, I think this kid has a chance to be one of the great combo guards because I think he could do it in a lot of different ways that we've had."

Izzo on Teng: "He shot 48%, almost 49% from the three (point line), he can really shoot it, and averaged 18 points in a pretty god league. We think he's got a body that will be more ready to play because we very well (may) lose three guards and I think it's gonna be very important on what we recruit, and yet, between the two classes, we're trying to shore up some of those guard positions."

Izzo on McCulloch: "I think we're attracted to him because he can shoot it and he communicated really well on the floor. Watched him in an AAU tournament, and he talked better (as a big) than any guard I've ever seen. Then we got a chance to meet his family. His parents were just unbelievable — more appreciative, not entitled. So we looked at Jesse early, we liked Jesse early, we moved on Jesse early."

More quotes details on the signees here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News