ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Michigan State's Mel Tucker previews Central Michigan, mum on quarterbacks

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
It is officially game week for the Michigan State football program. The Spartans host in-state foe Central Michigan on Friday to begin the 2023 campaign.

The game at Spartan Stadium is scheduled for a 7 p.m. Eastern Time kickoff and will be broadcast on FS1.

During his Monday media availability, Michigan State head coach Mel Tucker previewed the matchup and answered questions about his team. Tucker can feel the excitement from the fan base as the game inches closer.

Tucker won't be publicly naming a starting quarterback before the game, but discussed many other topics, including how he handles pressure.

"I put a tremendous amount of pressure on myself all the time," Tucker said. "So the pressure I feel is the same pressure I feel every day for the last 27 years: to coach hard and get the people that are around me to coach hard and play hard. And that's it. No one could put more pressure on me than I put on myself, I mean no one, there's no situation possible."

Much more here:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News