ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL Michigan State's Tom Izzo: His Spartans are locked in and 'focused'

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Tom Izzo, along with several Michigan State players, met with the media in Columbus on Saturday ahead of MSU's matchup with Marquette on Sunday.

“We're excited, we really are,” Izzo said on Saturday about playing the Golden Eagles. “And Marquette, they've done a hell of a job. I've known Shaka (Smart) for a while. I talk to him a lot over the years. I'm impressed with his team.”

Marquette head coach Shaka Smart also spoke, and his respect for Izzo was evident.

“Coach Izzo – he lights himself on fire, and he makes sure that fire is so strong and so bright and so hot that it affects everyone around him,” Smart said. “That's Coach Izzo. And he's done that for a long, long time. So if you're in that program, you don't have a choice. It's not an option. You have to have a level of intensity. You have to have a level of passion, otherwise you don't function. You don't make it. And that's why they've been to 25-straight tournaments and that's why he's had all the success he's had.”

More here:

Last edited:
Reactions: spartyjs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News