ADVERTISEMENT

MSU / UM Fan base observations from the weekend

kellygreen10

All-Gibson
Jul 4, 2010
Just to set the table, I haven't lived in Michigan in 11-12 years. I actually miss the state and am considering moving back, but that's for another discussion. Anyway, I was in the GR area for the last week and found myself laughing at the behavior of the two fan bases.

Saturday afternoon, I went to Dave and Busters with my niece and nephew. Probably no less than 30 people wearing UM gear. Some wearing hats and shirts together and just generally being their obnoxious selves. It was essentially half of the establishment wearing that crap. Probably 3-4 in Spartan gear, including me in my State hat.

Okay, so then we know what happened Saturday night.

Sunday, I find myself at Craig's Cruisers. I don't know, maybe 200-300 people there? Not one piece of UM clothing to be found. Hilarious! (btw, shout out to Craig's Cruisers - spotted an MSU Spartans go-kart as well as a Tigers one and a Red Wings one. Didn't see a UM one.)

I chose to once again wear my State hat, admittedly because I knew it might needle UM fans. I wasn't the only one. Probably 20 State fans wearing the colors on Sunday.

Just thought it was funny. Truthfully, UM fans are one of the major "cons" to moving back for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News