ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MSU's Harlon Barnett, Katin Houser elated after 'surreal' win over Nebraska

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
When seemingly everybody else had written off the Michigan State football program in 2023, the Spartans believed in themselves, and earned a victory over a surging Nebraska team that came into East Lansing on a three-game winning streak.

On senior day, the Spartans defeated the Cornhuskers by a final score of 20-17 on Saturday afternoon, and ended a nightmare six-game losing streak after going through adversity both on and off the field.

It feels like a weight has been lifted off of the shoulders of Michigan State interim head coach Harlon Barnett and the rest of the Spartans.

"Finally, right?" Barnett said. "Finally got us a victory, really happy for our guys. All we talked about was 'finish, finish, finish,' and that's what they did. We finally finished one and got a victory, so really happy for our players, awesome feeling in the locker and we love to have that. It's the first of four games we have here in the month of November and we're going to keep trying to 'finish, finish, finish' in everything that we do."

Houser was proud of his team for getting the job done

"It's surreal, for sure," Houser said about finally getting a victory. "I know we had some troubles, just couldn't get a win, and I feel like today, the whole team played together and we were able to finish out in the fourth quarter. I'm so proud of our guys, so proud of our team, we were able get that win, so it feels good."

More postgame quotes here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News