ADVERTISEMENT

My offseason wishlist

msupolo925

All-Daugherty
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Rockford, Michigan
I’ll admit it’s not easy to say some of these, but to truly advance the program and build off of a frustrating year, my offseason wishes:
  • Upgrade the coaching in the defensive back field, at linebacker, at quarterback, and most of all, special teams. Yes, that means thank you’s and goodbye’s to Coach Barnett, Coach Els, and Coach Johnson (though maybe he isn’t let go as OC, and they instead bring in a separate QBs coach)
  • Upgrade the roster via the portal at OL, DL, S, and K. I don’t think they need or will pursue big portal numbers, but another starting caliber offensive lineman (any position), defensive lineman (any position), safety, and kicker would go a lot way. I like the young talent at those positions, and don’t want to stunt the young guys’ growth there or take away too many reps, but I think adding a few more experienced starters would help bridge the gap for now. I also almost added RB, but I like what I saw for the most part from Berger in the second half of the season, and would like to see a full year of coaching/training for Broussard if he takes the extra year.
  • Open up the QB competition. Don’t take the job away from Thorne, but please give Kim and Houser real reps. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring in a transfer to compete, too.
  • Improve the quality control in-game operation. I hope CMT considers hiring a clock guru or other analyst that can be responsible for better managing some of the time-out and field position management issues we’ve seen this year.

Disclaimer - I obviously have no clue how to actually run a program, and defer to CMT on what is best for the program. But I think we’ve seen that CMT holds players and coaches accountable, and doesn’t hesitate to seek upgrades in the offseason, so I think most of these have a good chance of happening or being strongly considering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News