ADVERTISEMENT

My view on appropriate punishment

schilla1

All-Lorenzo White
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2009
Grand Rapids
Take my opinion fwiw. I am not a lawyer, or an administrator. But the behavior in the initial video I saw, a few guys pushing after some clown is talking $hit to them after a game, ok suspend them a half, or maybe a full game. Not a huge deal. Doesn’t excuse this behavior, and doesn’t excuse UM’s BS, and seek a corrective policy from the league. Perhaps a larger penalty for a player throwing and landing a punch, but again nothing too extreme.

Then I saw a second video where a kid swings a helmet, against another kid not wearing one. Again, not a lawyer, but that’s a different kettle of fish. The helmet swinging changed my view on this.

MSU is a university, and at the end if the day this is about teaching kids. I believe in second chances. But in my view, that is a different level, and that individual needs to sit some games, probably with some other off the field programs to learn from this.

Tucker will get this sorted out. But certainly a nasty post script from Saturday’s disappointment.

Reactions: thos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News