ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Ok, how bout getting rid of skunks

L.A.Sparte

All-Mason
Dec 20, 2002
So my neighbors back yard has wood chucks, rabbits, squirrels (pesky little mfers, like "get off my roof!") and recently he had a family of 3 adult skunks!

So I called Animal Control thinking hey! they are nuisance animals, right?.... Well, they only deal with domesticated animals, huh!

Meanwhile, I was trying to keep this family, of the ann-arbor-related-rodents, from coming into my yard - I sealed up the hole in our chain link fence and then when I saw them moving toward an "end around" on that fence, I had to think fast! It's dusk and I'm thinking ok... what's a natural predator that would be around Coyote? nope, Hawk? nope, Mountain Lion, nope....... Rattlesnake?..... hmmmm!

So I pulled up a youtube vid of a rattlesnake rattle on my phone and started playing it.... it wasn't very loud, but within 90 seconds those skunks were inside the culvert under my neighbors driveway and they ended up moving south I guess.

The reason I guess this - is that my daughter was walking the dogs a few days later and they stopped and stared at a bush along the side of the road... pretty soon she saw a little white rodent shaped head coming through that bush and they all took off running! As she came back around the block she heard voices talking and crying and one of the voices was saying "I didn't know it could spray THAT far!"

Whether it works for you or not, I have that rattlesnake vid bookmarked on my phone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News