May 29, 2001
Thinking out loud:

Arcuri: Gone
Allen: Gone
Campbell: Gone

Jarvis: Could come back
Bueter: Could come back
Carrick: Could come back

If those three come back, I would think MSU should be in OK shape with....
Carrick
Jarvis
Bueter
Horst
Samac
Duplain

6 players with extensive playing experience should be good.

Plus you have to assume some of the young guys should be able to follow depth. I will be interested to see how those young class of 2021 are progressing. (Wigenton Boyd Vandermark, Baldwin)

Have to figure Brown, Ohonba and Isaia are in make or break years. By that is that I would not expect them to sty at MSU if come next fall they are not solidly in 2 deep/playing rotation. Some may leave before spring.

I was pretty high on Fincher coming out of HS. Have not heard much, but maybe he is in a log jam that will open up come spring.

I would assume that if all 3 of the "could come back" guys leave MSU, then Tucker will have to hit the portal for 1 or 2 players. If 2 leave, you tale 1 from portal. If 1 leaves you take 1, if you know they are starting level without a doubt.

I do wonder about a guy like Maverick Hansen. He is a solid DT, but MSU could return top 4 Barrow, Hunt, Slade and Mallory, wonder if he could be better at OL....Kind of like Micajah Reynolds. Plus have to figure another young guy will be pressing for rotation minutes (Harmon/Watson/King).

FWIW, I do like that MSU seems to be bigger on OL than they have been under MD. Nothing against MD OL's as some were pretty good, but I prefer the Wisconsin formula of an average line being at least 6'5 315...as long as they are athletic. I remember my ND buddies in awe of MSU's 2007 OL when they saw starting 5 of Clifford, Gyetvai, Martin, Miller and Masters. Master's looked small next to all those trees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News