ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity....

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
I would think that the two recent coaching changes that could really impact MSU in a positive manner would be:

-Fickell to Wisc
-Lester out at WMU

1) Cincy has multiple players that I would think are worth a serious look. I remember when Dantonio came to MSU he was abe to bring a few players to EL that otherwise would of ended up Bearcats (Foreman, Celek, Foreman). The talent the Bearcats have been recruiting is superior to what Dantonio was able to attract since they are now headed to Big 12 and have been a consistent top 25 program as of late. Fickell may try to get some of them to follow him to Madison, but MSU may have a solid geographic advantage.

2) Now I am not advocating going after WMU recruits, even though Thorne and Reed both were originally Broncos. I am saying MSU should be taking a serious look at the roster and seeing who might be interest in playing at the BIG level. Specifically the following positions (DE/LB/OL). I watched the Broncos a few times this fall and they did have a DE and LB I liked. I did not get an eval on OL.

Grab a couple of Cincy commits for the future and maybe a couple of Broncos for 2023 and MSU could take a positive step toward turning things around. MSU will not be the only team that will be looking to do this, so have to move quick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News