ADVERTISEMENT

OSU offense

SpartanSI

All-Mason
Sep 16, 2002
West Michigan
Does anyone know how OSU lost to Va Tech last season? I know the DC for the Hokies is legendary for his defenses but, what I do not understand is how teams like MSU, Wisconsin, Oregon and Alabama could not use the Va Tech upset as a blueprint that could be used to beat OSU? How did Va Tech beat such a potent Buckeye team and could this blueprint be used to beat OSU this season?

I get the fact that Oregon and Alabama did not face Barrett but, with Meyers offense.....I see it as more of a system that really is better suited to Barrett because he can run, read or pass. When OSU goes to Jones, I see him being more one or two dimensional as I do not view him as a read only run threat. Pass and handing it to Elliott I get but, a run threat? Had MSU faced Jones, I believe MSU would have beaten OSU. What made Barrett so hard for MSU to stop was Barrett's run or read handoffs to Elliott with both being dangerous. Barrett too has the ability to chuck the ball with a lot of accuracy as well. Will be interesting to see what Meyer does......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News