ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What I'm liking: "Wild Tales" Argentinian dark -very dark- comedy/drama

Spartyteacher

All-Hannah
Oct 31, 2003
It's hard to pull off a dark comedy. One of my favorite films of all time, "Dr. Strangelove" comes to mind. This new film, "Wild Tales", was enthralling from it's first of six little vignettes about human revenge. Warning: a few of the scenes are very violent; the audience would move from uproarious laughter to gasps of horror in seconds. The violence wasn't gratuitous though and the acting/directing is superb in six vignettes. It was nominated for best Foreign Film at the Oscars. I saw it in Bethesda Md. Senator Edward Markey from Massachusetts happened to sit by me which was interesting (perhaps contemplating replicating some of the deeds in the Senate chambers). Here's an interesting review from the Director: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/movies/awardsseason/the-making-of-wild-tales-an-oscar-nominee.html

BTW, if you're contemplating coming to DC this Summer, I -as the only US History teacher down on the Mall and possessor of the newest pedicab down there- would love to give you and yours a monument tour. That's me in the pic with Bob Dole in the background at the WWII memorial from last year (he comes out every Saturday to speak with other veterans and visitors; great man). Send me a message somehow on here lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News