ADVERTISEMENT

OT: wife update

OhioSpartan

All-Mason
Nov 4, 2001
My wife got moved out of the ICU on Tuesday to the Step Down ICU, then got moved to the general hospital yesterday. They then recommended to move her to an acute rehab center, which is the most intensive rehab possible and it is used for people that have lost limbs, have serious burns, etc. she will live their until she can function, such as walking, talking normally, driving, etc. She can not do any of these things now without a personal therapist supporting her. Unfortunately, our insurance company (Aetna) has decided that she does not need this type of rehabilitation so she will be stuck in the hospital until we can figure things out. Very frustrating that she is finally getting better and instead of moving to a facility where she can get 3 to 4 hours of speach therapy, movement therapy, etc, she has to stay in a hospital and get 30 minutes of walking with a therapist. But we are in a much better place today and we are expecting a full recovery. She also passed her swallow test this morning which means she can eat most foods, so she sent me all over the hospital getting her Starbucks, Chinese food, etc. I was more than happy to oblige.

Thanks again for listening, everyone has helped me a great deal get thru this and thankfully it will turn out alright, but if it hadn't I know I would have been able to handle it better knowing of the support from the cyber Spartan Mag crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News