ADVERTISEMENT

Practice? You talkin bout practice?

willie24wood

All-Perles
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2011
Stuart, FL (winter) National City, MI (summer)
Wasn't this a response(my mistake using retort. An attempt to sound smarter than I am) by Allen Iverson when a reporter asked him about effort in practice? To my way of thinking, I believe most athletes play in games as they play in practice. If one does not take preparation seriously the results on the field will suffer.

When Jacoby Windmon was asked why Michigan State could not get off the field on third down versus Minnesota he said, "Honestly, I don't know man. But we have to figure out a way to get off the field. That all starts at practice. I believe guys have got to take practice more seriously and we just have to go out there and play harder on these third and long drives. Some drives he used his legs (QB Tanner Morgan) and we weren't expecting that. I think that is something we should have harped on more throughout the week because we didn't think he was much of a runner, but he went out there and played football."

Concerning games and practice Tre Mosley said, "We can't be so casual, I think that's what the case may have been (on Saturday). We were just too casual on the field, on offense, defense, and special teams and we just didn't get the job done."

Let me say this. I am not a highly sought-after defensive coordinator. However, my thoughts about how one should play the great game of football are sincere and well-founded with the knowledge passed on to me by some great defensive coaches that I competed for. IT ALL STARTS IN PRACTICE, MR. IVERSON! One performs on the game field the way they have in the previous week of preparation on the practice field.

There are many factors that are affecting our poor performance these past two weeks. The player portal hurts team chemistry. Kenny Walker was a one-time lighting in a bottle gift to CMT. Players aren't living up to expectations and the coaches are not getting these guys ready for battle. I know what i would do as a defensive coach and that would be to see what freshman wanted to play some football. Too early to hold their feet to the fire? How much worse could these young players performance be than what we are now seeing?

"GO GREEN, GO WHITE, GO 1&0!" W24W

Last edited:
Reactions: ncspartan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News