ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING QB commit Henry Hasselbeck felt 'instantaneous bond' with Michigan State

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State had a big month of June on the recruiting trail, adding seven of its 10 current commitments in the 2024 class. The newest addition comes at one of the most important positions in all of sports as three-star quarterback Henry Hasselbeck publicly pledged to the Spartans on June 30.

It's always impactful for a program to get a commitment from its preferred quarterback target, and after the Spartans offered Hasselbeck a scholarship in early May, Michigan State quickly zeroed in on Hasselbeck and earned his verbal pledge.

Following his commitment, Hasselbeck spoke to Spartans Illustrated about why he chose Michigan State, his overall recruiting process and what he plans to do next.

"I felt comfortable with Michigan State as soon as I got to campus," Hasselbeck said. "I think getting to know offensive coordinator Jay Johnson in person here in Boston, watching my high school film with him over Zoom and watching him coach his QBs in meetings in East Lansing really solidified my decision."

More on Hasselbeck's decision to commit to MSU here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News