ADVERTISEMENT

Question about the following response to FB post criticizing MSU football team for skirmish in tunnel

GPO

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
Someone I like and respect posted a Freep article on Facebook about how the rivalry doesn’t need a break (article is critical of MSU) and a number of posters were piling on MSU in the comments section

I posted the following and wanted to get opinions on whether it is a fair response

I like the person and am not looking to offend anyone but it is difficult to stand by and not respond at all to some of this stuff

“ The MSU players were most definitely wrong to respond to the poor sportsmanship and taunting in the tunnel.

While it was very strange that a few UM players chose to go in the tunnel after the game and taunt and antagonize MSU players rather than celebrating with the rest of their teammates, UM fans and the student section on the field, the MSU players ABSOLUTELY should have risen above it and not taken the bait

They were wrong and it is appropriate to punish those involved

Having said that, this is actually the 3rd rivalry game in a row where UM has had an issue in their tunnel (OSU last November, PSU 2 weeks ago and MSU last weekend). And James Franklin, the coach of PSU, predicted 5 days before this happened that if UM didn’t make changes to security protocols in their tunnel, that something like this would happen. When told of Franklin’s comments, Jim Harbaugh called him a whiner

MSU players were wrong and should sit out a couple games

But UM should probably look at a few things as well

If my kids ran over to the opposing soccer team after a game and pointed in their faces, taunted them and laughed at them for losing, I would not let them play for awhile, even if the other team was more wrong for punching my child in response to the post soccer game taunting”

Thoughts are welcomed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News