ADVERTISEMENT

Ramil; My 2 Cents

strategic100

All-Skiles
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
OH
A few notes on Ramil. It looks like Michigan State has an excellent opportunity to gain the commitment of Stanton Ramil. The Tennessee board, as indicated in an earlier threads, are hyped up. This is no doubt due to several insiders suggesting highly that Ramil is headed to east Lansing. There has been nothing in the past 30 days to indicate that MSU had any potential lead and his recruitment. He has been very silent on social media and in speaking with insiders to throughout the industry. Most of his social Media Posts have involved Tennessee. Tennessee does have 19 total commitments for that 2023 class. This includes two offensive tackles, one being Shamurad Umarov. Tennessee does have seven offensive tackles on the roster. The volunteers to a two offensive tackles in each of the last two classes. Thus, their roster is not as deep as many other programs. However, MSU obviously has an even greater need at that position.

Obviously, missing out on the major targets for the 2023 class is disappointed as we enter August. However no one would have anticipated that the juggernaut programs like Miami, Texas, A&M, and Louisville (talking NIL only) what had entered the picture and disrupted the entire offensive tackle arena. After what has happened in the previous two weeks, it was essential to land at least one four star OT. So it looks like coach Kap and staff may have pulled off a hail Mary.

A few tidbits to add to the Ramil story. Many of these tasks have been mentioned on the site and other outlets. Ramil’s family is from New York. Stanton spent his entire life just south of Syracuse. His father Mike coached the local football team in Binghampton, NY since 2006. So what we know for sure is Stanton’s father is most likely highly involved in the process. One item someone told me is that his father took personal leave from the high school to move his family to Alabama. The interesting part was this personal leave extends to the end of the summer. So perhaps he was considering returning to New York after his son chose a college. This is just a hypothetical obviously; however it is something of interest. Now I have no idea whether the family plans to return to New York. Ramil’s two sisters go to university in Alabama. Thus, the family can easily stay, but obviously there was a backup plan in case Stanton chose to stay up north.

When I heard this story I thought that the Spartans were a possibility still. As I have been wrong on many of the other top offensive line targets, I was still very cautious. However, then I noted a guy like on social media from Stanton to Kap. This was not noteworthy for the single like, but for the timing. It had been over 30 days since his last post on the Spartans. That was on the 29th of July of the brotherly battle the issue.

Overall, much of the above data is all I have. My contact in New York has no inside information on the selection process. He just knows the family. He thinks MSU has an excellent shot at some getting Stanton. Supposedly, the family likes the four seasons. Now, this information could all be irrelevant.

Combined with the recent rumors of a shift towards MSU, it appears to me East Lansing would be a great choice given geography, opportunity, depth, and coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News