ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Rocky Lombardi ...

jim comparoni

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
There is some Lombardi discussion in the Tucker Mic'd Up thread: https://michiganstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/mel-tucker-micd-up.208108/#post-2571662

People have said in that thread, and elsewhere here, that Lombardi might lack killer instinct or something like that. I don't agree. I think he's a great competitor and a committed athlete. His commitment and mentality has never been a problem. I think the struggles he has had so far are just due to plain old physical limitation, arm talent and so forth. That's through three seasons (two seasons of eligibility). His book isn't closed yet.

That being said, I've heard that he is showing improvement this fall. Whether or not he has improved enough to hold onto the starting job and become a winning QB, I don't know. But he has improved.

I haven't heard specifics on what has improved on his behalf, but he certainly had room to improve in terms of accuracy and reads/decision-making. The latter is something that most young QBs improve upon as they gain experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News