ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: So…can Tiger Woods win this years Masters? ESPN golf reporters say ‘yes’ or ‘no’..

SpartanSpirit

All-Steve Smith
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2001
What say you? I say yes.

Van Valkenburg: It feels ridiculous to write this, but if we get a Masters like 2016 where 5 under wins, I suddenly like his chances to perform another miracle. That we are even entertaining this question a year after his accident is surreal. But, he has won five of these with five different swings. Why not a sixth? I still like his chances at St. Andrews in The Open more, and I respectfully disagree with people who think he's only here to win. I think his mentality has changed since the accident and he just wants to experience tournament golf again and then build from there. But a tournament where he can shoot 73-71-68-70 to win? Yes, I'm buying that scenario.

Thompson: Yes.

Pietruszkiewicz: Yes. He wouldn't show up if he didn't think that. Can he? Well, now, that would be something. But Tiger Woods is not arriving at Augusta National with the mindset of a guy who is OK going 74-70, making the cut on the number and sneaking in a back-door top 20. If he's here, he thinks he can win. He said it himself Tuesday. I don't think he can, but I've stopped saying never with this guy a long, long time ago.

What​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News