ADVERTISEMENT

Taking stock of the players we know are gone, that we expect to be gone, etc.

msupolo925

All-Daugherty
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Rockford, Michigan
Please feel free to correct any mistakes or omissions, but from what I’ve gathered, we *know* these guys are gone from an eligibility standpoint (in 6th year or have committed to allstar games):

WR Jayden Reed
TE Tyler Hunt
OG Matt Carrick
OG Brian Greene
LB Ben VanSumeren
CB Ameer Speed
CB Ronald Williams
P Bryce Baringer

Then there’s the guys that many don’t expect to be back, either because they are in their 5th year, or other “reasons”:

RB Elijah Collins
RB Jarek Broussard*
RB Harold Joiner
TE Daniel Barker
OT Jarrett Horst
DE/LB Jacoby Windmon*
DE/DT Dashaun Mallory*
DE Khris Bogle*
DE Michael Fletcher
DE Brandon Wright
DT Jacob Slade
CB Chester Kimbrough
CB Khary Crump
S Xavier Henderson
S Kendell Brooks*

The guys with stars actually seem like it would make a lot of sense to come back, based on their roles and having that extra COVID year. And I am not passing judgment on the suspended players charged with misdemeanors, as I don’t think it’s the foregone conclusion they transfer out like so many assume.

And then there’s a group of guys that are buried on the depth chart that seem like possible transfer candidates - I hesitate to even list them, but for argument’s sake:

RB Jordon Simmons
RB Davion Primm
WR Christian Fitzpatrick
TE Hamp Fay
C Dallas Fincher
S Tate Hallock

For the record, any or all of those guys could be back and are fine with being backups. No inside info.

And finally, there’s guys that have indicated they’ll be back in spite of being at or near the end of their eligibility - this list will grow, I imagine:

OG JD Duplain
C Nick Samac
LB Aaron Brule

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News