ADVERTISEMENT

the Heyward problem

CaliSpartan

All-George Webster
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2014
I know there are other factors at play on offense, BUT, when ever Heyward has been in on a running play accept for maybe one exception that play didn't go as well if it worked at all. The first game he was bad and then after his fumble he sat the second game and BOOM the offense clicked and we scored 50+ for the first time in awhile. Then last game he gets more touches and we can't convert on 4th and 1. He just isn't a running back. If anything he is an under sized TE. That's how he runs, he doesnt have any kind of running vision and it's apparently not that hard to bring him down. We don't have time to experiment with him anymore. He was a stop gap until we found a real guy and Collins is worlds better than Heyward at RB. We have William's too and Jefferson at least can get some tough yards in such a way that you dont need to give Heyward and more snaps at RB. This is not going over the deep at all either, we have 2+ years of tape that shows he just isn't improving and the offense is suffering for it. Every other position I've seen improvement and you can argue every player has looked better or at least did their job on offense other than Heyward. I'm sure he's a great guy but football wise he just isnt a good fit at RB especially with who we have now that more than looks the part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News