ADVERTISEMENT

This game is the ultimate swing game in my 8-4 expectations

MSUStudent

All-Hannah
Sep 12, 2002
So most of the season I've been saying that I am not wavering from my 8-4 expectations.

I said if we went 0-2 in the ND/Iowa games, I felt 6-6 would be about it & possibly tough to get to.
I said if we went 2-0 in the ND/Iowa games, I felt that 9+ wins certainly would be possible.
I said if we went 1-1 in the ND/Iowa games, then 8-4 seemed about right.

Well, here we are 6-1 heading into Northwestern with games against Penn State, at Ohio State, Maryland, and at Rutgers left.

Even the last couple weeks, people have posed the question to everyone, have your expectations changed. I know I responded that I'm sticking with 8-4 at least until we get through the Northwestern game (though I have said this team feels closer to 9-3 than 7-5).

We've hit d-day in my mind for my 8-4 expectations. A win over NW with Maryland/Rutgers left in the schedule certainly would make me believe that 9-3 is not only probable, but quite frankly, a little disappointing if we did only end up at 8-4.

A win this weekend, then MSU might just be able to set itself up for a NYS bowl - if we can navigate the Penn State/Ohio State gauntlet with a split.

Sure is fun to be thinking about this again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News