ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Harbaugh as a person

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
The man is just incapable of moving past the lowest levels of Bloom's Taxonomy. He is just not a critical thinker or someone who is able to do any real insightful analysis. He wants MSU players charged for something his own colleague did.

He also wants to ignore the fact that the current logistic set up puts his OWN and opposing players in situations that are ripe for this type of behavior. Just watch the videos of OSU and PSU tunnel interactions.

The behavior is inexcusable and suspensions are warranted. However, If this happened at Spartan stadium and UM players were aggressors would he be saying same things or would he would be saying the MSU tunnel is an issue and discipline will be handled internally? That is the measure of a person’s ability to synthesize information.

I have thought about how MD would have handled this if the situation was flipped. . At a minimum I doubt he would be crying to police and saying what Harbs is. He would be saying he knows the opposing coach will take what measures need to be done. He would also say we need to address the tunnel situation and see if we can avoid this in the future.

It is also possible he would be saying that his own player used poor judgement at that time and while he did not deserve what happened, situational awareness would have been prudent.

This is also a reason why Harbaugh is a great coach for UM’s fan base. A large part of that fanbase falls right into that same category where he is as far as mental flexibility.

This is also a reason why so many people around the sports world find his behavior so odd. However, once you understand how his mind works or does not work, he is much easier to figure out.

Sometimes when I listen to Harbs I think he interprets things in a way Michael Scott would if he was as HS coach in Scranton.

(Sorry for typos, I was using phone last night while trying to finish episode of Yellowstone)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News