ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Took the kids fishing on the St. Clair River on Saturday

Tythemillerguy

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
My son had been wanting to go sturgeon fishing and so I bought him a charter package for Christmas last year. September 5th finally rolled around and so we headed to Algonac, MI to go fishing on the Saint Clair River with captain Anthony Moreschini with Finn's Sport Fishing: https://www.finnssportfishing.com/. We had a blast. Each of us caught a sturgeon, one was 54 inches, and two of 58 inches each. I think the biggest was estimated at 80 pounds. Captain Anthony was a great host, we talked fishing all night long and it was just an incredible trip for myself and my two little ones. During our trip I asked him how big the largest sturgeon was that he had ever landed and he said that there is a video of an 11 year old girl catching a 140 pounder on youtube. I posted it below, it is amazing.

If you are anywhere near Algonac and have any desire to go catch one of these prehistoric giants, I would highly recommend Anthony. Pretty affordable and, again, he was a great host, and perfect for kids. What you see on the video is what you get, he showed me all of this during our trip. How to read the chart, how he targets them, etc, etc... Great, great guy.

LOL, he even did the jaws theme with us as well as you will see in the video.

xn3ksq.jpg

i7ge9l.jpg

5l7p01.jpg

1febhfd.jpg

13o8ced.jpg

1qxgwxe.jpg

1kizy71.jpg

I think the highlight of the trip (for me anyway) was after we got back to dry land, both my kids gave me a hug and thanked me for taking them out fishing. Anthony said, "I have been doing this for years and that is the first time I've heard young kids thank their parents for taking them fishing. That is great!". Proud papa...

Check this video out, this is exactly how our trip went, minus the 140 pounder unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News