ADVERTISEMENT

HOCKEY USHL Draft Phase 2-MSU Relevant Results

JD_Jerbear

All-Perles
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2019
I wanted to use this thread to answer questions and share any info pertinent to MSU Hockey's interest as the USHL (top junior hockey league in America) is conducting their Phase 2 Draft today (players born 2005-2007).

In round 1 Austin Baker (6th overall to Sioux Falls) and Lucas Van Vliet (14th overall to Dubuque Fighting Saints) were selected after they finished their time with the USA National Team Development Program. I have confirmed that Van Vliet will be reporting to Dubuque next season with two sources, from Dubuque and the MSU side of things. Van Vliet has some maturing to do in his game to be ready for the NCAA level and another year at the USHL level is beneficial. He is not flipping to another school, and will stick to his NLI signed with the Spartans from earlier in the Fall, just right now the goal is to arrive Fall 2025.

Baker has been described as a "coin toss" whether he comes now or next season. He is welcome to his spot at MSU, but he will need to earn his time in the lineup and his advisors may feel a larger role in the USHL helps the long term development of his game.

In the 3rd round the most recent commit, Brady Peddle 2007 Defensemen from Nova Scotia, was taken by the Waterloo Black Hawks (35th overall). I expect Peddle will fight for a roster spot in Waterloo in their camp this summer, and to be on their roster next season. If not expect Peddle to report to a NAHL (2nd best junior league in America) team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News