ADVERTISEMENT

Victory feels 100% on the OL Performance & Kicking Game

sunbro18

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2009
I know this is an exaggeration, but I feel like our D is good enough to hang in there when healthy. We have difference makers at all levels of the D now that we're healthier. We have more depth as well than we've had since game 1. We have a damn good punter and return game can be good as well.

On O, we know we have the skill players at WR and TE to be effective in the passing game. We know PT can do his job if he's given some time. He's shined in some tough/big moments before (IE - seemingly every big 4th down play over the last 2 years). We know Eli or Berger can at least grind out yards and fall forward if they are not hit behind the line of scrimmage frequently. They're good enough to be effective with an opening. So to me this all comes down to the OL giving PT enough time and RBs a touch of space. If the OL holds its own, we can do this.

That, and we have to be able to make FGs under 40 yards. It is hard enough to grind out yards against UM so getting points in any fashion is important. The idea of getting down close to or in the red zone and coming up empty is how things can get out of hand. Complete momentum shifts when that happens.

I really am starting to be able to see how this win could play out on paper, but I'm having trouble with the vision because we've yet to see these 2 units play a lights out game. Here's to hoping it starts tomorrow.

Reactions: joshgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News