ADVERTISEMENT

Week Two Thoughts…

SpartyDawg23

All-George Webster
Jan 20, 2019
1. I truly don’t know how good this team is. We have talent and playmakers but I honestly don’t know what kind of team we are. On the road at Washington will be a great test…

2. Our defense is looking 100% better. They aren’t perfect and there is a ton of growth still needed but we have made progress. We are getting after the QB and getting after the football, which is huge.

3. I believe Thorne will settle in but it obviously hasn’t been his best two weeks. As I tell my players that I coach in hoops…”hit singles and doubles. We don’t always need home runs.” He is definitely putting some pressure on himself to always make the great play. I think he’ll simplify things and figure it out - that will open up the big plays.

4. Berger/Broussard and the OL have been fun to watch. The OL has definitely improved. Hats off to Coach Kap. Hope they can make at a statement at Washington.

5. Ameer Speed, Brantley, Kimbrough, and Ron Williams are a legit foursome at CB. They don’t lack confidence and they are physical. Hopefully they can stay healthy as I think they will just continue to get better.

6. It was huge to see Jack Stone hit a 43 yard field goal.

7. Kendall Brooks is shaping up to be the story of the season. Hopefully it continues to be a feel good one.

8. Jacoby Windmon is a monster. Will only get better. His knack for finding the ball can’t be taught. Derrick Harmon is going to be special.

9. Our young WR talent is super exciting. Seeing Glover, Bernard, and Henry out there was fun. I also hope we continue to get the TE’s involved. I bet we will see an expanded playbook next week. Open it up!

10. After holding Akron to a shut out, 20 yards rushing, and forcing 4 turnovers (almost 5 with the Brantley INT) - Scottie Hazleton should not be fired. Laughable stuff.

Bonus Take: Notre Dame and A&M losing was fantastic. Nebraska losing was glorious. And Colorado losing to Air Force 41-10 was amazing.

Excited for next week at Washington. Going to be fun!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News