ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL When things go correctly, nobody notices

DavidHarns

All-Van Pelt
Staff
Oct 29, 2013
Don't have enough to make this a full story but thought I'd drop this here anyway. After the games lately, when my colleagues head into the press conference, I head to the north side of the stadium. It's where all the MSU players and the visiting players catch up with fans and friends and family.

I went there Saturday after the game and there weren't many Spartan friends or family hanging around. It took me a bit to figure out what was going on but I ended up following a player's parents back into Spartan Stadium and to the Player Engagement Center.

MSU Athletics had altered the plan so that all the friends/family met up in the engagement center instead of the tunnel area, leaving that area for the UM players. That's where their bus was.

As you might remember, MSU players ran into trouble at their bus in AA after last year's game. MSU Athletics made sure that didn't happen this year with extra security, separating the teams, etc. It was a small thing, but it showed forward thinking/planning. Nothing will be written about it because good news doesn't usually sell. But I thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News