ADVERTISEMENT

Feelings on UM game

coolrockt21

All-Munn
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Hot Middle Southern Midwest
I try to be aware of the fact that my mental approach to a game as a fan in no way resembles that of the coaches or team.

My glass half-full approach includes: The fact that Patterson is neither as good as McSorely or Thorsen, so we should be in good shape defensively. Also, though we are playing a much better defense, at least we had the same Oline all game, and Chewins back in the fold. We have had excellent success taking on Don Brown's defense hampered by injuries (2015) and weather (last season) and have taken him to school with some good mis-direction stuff even when nothing else seemed to work. Finally, arguably, the best way to avoid a let down after a big emotional win is to play UM the next week.

My glass half-empty includes: The fact that our Oline is still pretty much a mess and is playing a much better defense, our receiving situation is basically a disaster and we have to play another cutch-and-grab secondary, and (I'm going to get killed for this) the euphoria and relief by our team and coach after the PSU game just as we are looking at UM next up on the schedule just makes me uncomfortable.

I am fully aware that Dantonio is great at focus and avoiding let downs, and that I'm being fairly irrational. Still can't shake the discomfort. I would like to see tangible signs that the celebration is over and Dantonio is pissed off at Mike Hart again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News