ADVERTISEMENT

OTHER SCHOOLS: Hunter Dickinson claims Michigan is "fake Midwest" compared to Kansas

Kevin Knight

All-Perles
Staff
Nov 8, 2022
In his latest appearance on a podcast, former Michigan Center and Maryland native Hunter Dickinson implied he likes Lawrence more than Ann Arbor and suggested Michigan is less of a "Midwest" state than Kansas is.

“Going down Mass Street, it feels like this town has its own kind of culture and stuff like that,” Hunter Dickinson said. “I’m super excited when students come back and the towns get bustling and stuff like that. But just walking around, the people are super, super welcoming. Super nice. Definitely get those Midwest vibes. I feel like at Michigan, they weren’t as nice. They were nice people but not as nice.”

“I feel like Michigan is like a fake Midwest,” Dickinson later added. “Kansas is actually like a Midwest town. I loved my time in Michigan, but the people here at Kansas are especially nice.”

‘Rock Chalk Unplugged’

Personally, I dislike carving the US into such big clumps of regions and so refuse to call the line of states from North Dakota through Oklahoma the "midwest" and believe they should be their own category of "Great Plains" instead. But hey, if he's limiting his point strictly to the people of Ann Arbor, I'm not one to defend that city about much in the way of positive things to say about it. What about you all?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News