ADVERTISEMENT

FILM ROOM: Luke Campbell ...

jim comparoni

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
Luke Campbell came back very strong from last week's injury. He unofficially graded out as a dark green winner with an 85.2 by PFF in pass blocking, No. 1 on the team. He was no. 1 on the team in run blocking with a light green 71.8. I haven't subscribed to PFF very long but I suspect that that's the best he has graded out in a game in his career.

In rewatching the game, he was on it from the first snap. On the second snap, he climbed out quickly to Northwestern's inside linebacker and cut off his sideline pursuit. Collins gained 7 yards on a run play to the right (Campbell plays on the left).

Campbell didn't have a d-lineman assignment directly over him, so he climbed out to the LB level. He moved the fastest I've ever seen him move in climbing out to the LB level on that play. He got out fast enough to cross the face of the back side ILB to cut him off before that LB could diagnose the play and pursue to the sideline. From there, Campbell made contact, sustained, turned, sealed.

It was the best, quickest footwork I ever remember seeing from Campbell, both in terms of firing off the line to go out and get Gallagher, and also turning his feet while sustaining, to get the seal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News