ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under 8.5 Wins - If you had to wager ...

robin604

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2007
If you had to wager enough that it hurt. Let's say 25% of a paycheck. Let's call it approximately $400 - $850. What would you call for MSU this year?

Going on the road to deal with Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Michigan is a tough road slate. Throw in home games against Penn State, Arizona State, and even Maryland, and there's a lot of tough ones.

So those 7 games sort of determine the season. I'd say we can all feel confident with 5 wins on the other games.

Wins - NW, ASU, Maryland
Losses - Ohio State

Toss-Ups - Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State

To me, it's what we do in the three games above. If we can win one of the toss-ups, we get 9 wins. Anything more (2 or 3 of those) and we had an INCREDIBLE season.

Going 0-3 in the toss-up-games means disappointment. I don't think our fan base will accept 7-5 with this defense and Dantonio choosing to double down on his guys as coaches vs. hiring new blood. 6-6 and the seat will get VERY warm.

My Call: 9-3 Win over Michigan (Major dagger to Harbough). I'd consider that a good season. Losses to OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State/Unexpected weaker program

Reactions: MSUTommy1029
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News