ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Who are we as a program? I don’t see an identity—not good.

SpartansNation

All-Macklin/Bachman
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2011
As a long time member of this board and Spartan, for the first in a long time I cannot get excited about our program. The CMD formula was well understood and proven to work. It was to heavily recruit the Midwest with an emphasis on Ohio & Michigan, deep player evaluations, coach them up, great defenses, ball control offense with a pound green pound mentality, strong special teams, and a culture of the underdog that will never be outworked.

What are we today? I really couldn’t describe CMT’s philosophy and culture of the program if you pays me. He’s tried to go national in recruiting and is not having much success. He’s relied on the portal that has been pretty average save K9. We’ve had higher turnover of the roster than I’ve ever seen in my lifetime..The defense has been atrocious and the offense has been extremely inconsistent, and special teams have been a complete joke.

The current of state of recruiting is just plain bad. Just compare us to the rest of the BIG and we are struggling mightily, and getting decommitments.

This season will determine the CMT era, imo. I’m hoping for a positive surprise, but that seems like a long shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News